Yields 12 biscuits
1 cup All purpose flour
1 cup Cake flour
2 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
1 stick Butter, cold, cut into small pieces
6 oz (3/4 cup) Buttermilk
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Cut in butter with a fork or pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add buttermilk and stir gently until just combined.
- Use a spoon to drop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake in center of 450 degree oven for 10-12 minutes, until they are a light golden brown.
Note: If you don’t have cake flour, use 2 cups all purpose flour and increase the buttermilk to 7 ounces.