QUICK CHEESE BREAD
Yields one loaf
½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
3 cups All purpose flour
1 Tbsp Baking powder
¼ tsp Cayenne pepper (optional)
1 tsp Salt
¼ pound Sharp cheddar cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
1 ¼ cup Milk
3 Tbsp Butter, melted
¾ cup Sour cream
- Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle ¼ cup parmesan over bottom of pan
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cayenne (if using) and salt.
- Add cheddar and mix well, making sure each piece of cheese is coated with flour.
- In smaller bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter, egg and sour cream.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and gently fold together until just combined (do not overmix.)
- Scrape batter into loaf pan and smooth top. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of parmesan evenly over the surface.
- Bake at 350 degrees until a deep golden brown and a toothpick or skewer inserted in center comes out clean, about 45-50 minutes. (If the testing skewer looks gooey, try again in another spot to be certain you didn’t hit a pocket of melted cheese.)
- Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and cool on rack at least 30 minutes before slicing.